There are several ways to earn money from YouTube, but the most common ones include:
- Ad revenue: You can enable ads on your YouTube videos, and earn money every time a viewer clicks on an ad or watches an ad. This is the most straightforward way to make money on YouTube, but it also tends to be the least lucrative.
- Sponsorships: Companies and brands will often pay YouTube creators to feature their products or services in a video. This can be a more lucrative form of revenue than ads, but it requires a large audience and a good reputation to attract sponsors.
- Affiliate marketing: Some YouTube creators will include affiliate links in their videos, which allow viewers to purchase a product or service through a unique link. If a viewer makes a purchase through the link, the creator earns a commission.
- Merchandising: YouTube creators can sell their own merchandise (such as t-shirts, phone cases, etc.) to their audience. This can be a good way to earn money if you have a dedicated audience and a strong brand.
- Crowdfunding: Many YouTube creators use platforms like Patreon to allow their viewers to financially support them. This can be a good way to earn money if you have a dedicated audience that is willing to support you on a regular basis.
It’s important to note that making money on YouTube is not easy. It requires a lot of hard work, consistency, and creativity to build an audience and monetize your channel.
Also note that having a large audience is not the only way to monetize, niche specific content with smaller target audience can also be monetized as well as long as you have engaged audience that interested in the topic you are talking about, and also by providing value through your content, you can create loyal following that could lead to other opportunities like consulting, coaching and speaking engagements.